Sonntag, 25. März 2012

Something to think about

Today, I came across a quote by Mother Teresa. I'm not christian, not even slightly religious, I might be considered as an Atheist even, but nonetheless. It made me think.

People are often unreasonable, illogical and selfcentered.
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish motives.
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you.
Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight.
Build anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough.
Give them your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and god;
it never was between you and them anyway.

Mother Teresa.


There are times, when I feel I have have accomplished nothing in life, being a burden to my loved ones and even for myself. But THAT makes me overthink it allover. Even from a non-religious-point of perspective, there is a lot of wisdom and truth in those words.

We should be grateful for what we have and stop being whiny bitches. I believe, if someone is giving his or her best, there is nothing to feel ashamed or bad about. In a sense of "I gave the world my best and they are not satisfied. Fuck it, it's not me who's being greedy here."
Alas, there are worse places to be on the world.

YOU NEED TO ENJOY YOUR LIFE MORE!

I often have to force myself to remember the most basic principles, and that is one of them.
Stop worrying so much and enjoy being young, for fuck's sake.


Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.

Dalai Lama



That was rather deep for a change. Back to First World Problems and Cartoons after the break.

Take care,

CK

2 Kommentare:

  1. Kinda sad someone like Mother Theresa has to write this. Should be universally acknowledged.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Absolutely. Sadly, there is a needed minimum of intelligence involved here, and the world is overall filled with dumbfucks.

      Löschen